Are you suddenly unable to connect your Chromecast device, probably your Chromecast has decided to working for some reason. Keep reading below to know how to reset Chromecast
Resetting your Chromecast will bring all the settings back to their factory defaults, there are two ways to reset your Chromecast device, one is pretty straightforward, you have to push the reset button on your device.
The second option will require you to visit the Google Home settings and go through the steps as mentioned.
Let us go through the first step.
- Press and hold down the reset button. If you are using an older generation of Chromecast, the reset button will be located on the back of the device.
- If you are using the latest generation or the Ultra variant of the Chromecast, the reset button will located on the side of the device. Keep holding the reset button till the orange light stops blinking and turns white.
- Disconnect the USB power cable from your device and wait for some seconds
Reconnect the cable to your device and check, the factory reset will be completed
How to Reset Chromecast with Google TV using Reset Button
- Locate the reset button on the back of your Chromecast device while it is still plugged to your TV
- Hold the reset button till the LED starts blinking yellow.
- Release it when the LED turns pure white
How to Reset Chromecast using Google Home
For resetting your Chromecast device using Google Home, do the following:
- Open the Google Home application on your mobile device
- Press on the Chromecast device located at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the settings icon(it will be a gear shaped icon)
- On the top right, press the three vertical dots
- Press ‘Factory reset’
- Follow the onscreen instructions
These steps are for first 3 generations and Ultra versions of Chromecast.
How to Reset Chromecast with Google TV using Remote
- With the Chromecast Remote:
- Choose your profile
- Go to Settings(gear shaped icon)
- Select ‘System’
- Go to ‘About’
- Press on ‘Factory Reset’
Follow the onscreen instructions and you will have successfully reset your Chromecast with Google TV back to factory defaults.
Now that you know how to reset Chromecast, All you will have to do is set up your Chromecast device again.