You may face a common network issue, “The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection” on any web browser like Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, or Internet Explorer.
Similar Windows 10 errors:
- The remote device won’t accept the connection
- The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection
You can resolve the above errors by following the below Solutions in this article:
Solution 1: Reset LAN setting in the Browser
If you are using proxy settings, there could be a conflict; this error may appear if you or someone has changed the proxy settings in Internet Explorer.
So first, you need to reset the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Doing this can fix the network issue for web browser Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Set automatic detection for the proxy settings in IE:
- Open Internet Explorer Browser.
- In the top right corner of your Internet Explorer, click > Internet options.
3. Now click the Connections tab and click LAN settings.
4. Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN in the Proxy Server section,
5. Check Automatically detect settings in the Automatic configuration section, Then click OK.
Most of the time, the above solution will fix the “The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection” error.
Solution 2: Reset and Renew Internet IP address
Press Window Key + R on your Keyboard to Open RUN Window, Type CMD, and Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands:
- ipconfig/release and enter
- ipconfig/renew and enter
Wait for the command to complete; this will take only a few seconds.
- Close the CMD Windows
Solution 3: Reset Internet Explorer Setting
If the above two solutions do not work for you, then your only possible solution is to reset your Internet Explorer Setting. Follow the below instruction to reset your IE browser and see if the error The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection resolve.
- Press Windows Key + R on your Keyboard
- Type inetcpl.cpl and Enter.
- On the Internet Properties Windows go to Advance
- Click the Reset button to reset Internet Explorer.
Click OK to close the Internet Properties Windows, and now check again.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support