Facebook Messenger has more than 1.3 billion users globally and exchanges more than 20 billion messages daily. Last December, Facebook messenger merged with Instagram messages. Though it had many mixed reactions, it introduced a new feature named Vanish Mode.
Are you curious to know what is Vanish mode on Messenger? Don’t worry. You are in the right place. Today in this article, you will learn all the essential information about What is Vanish Mode on Messenger.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is Vanish Mode on Messenger
Vanish Mode is a new chatting feature introduced in Facebook messenger, letting users send self-destructing or disappearing messages to one another.
You can send any content, which includes text, photos, video, and GIFs, through the Vanish Mode. These messages will disappear in the receiver chat once you turn off Vanish mode or leave the chat.
However, you can still access the messages you sent in Vanish Mode for the next 6 hours after you leave the chat. This is not possible if you turn off the Vanish Mode on Messenger.
I hope you learn what vanish Mode on Messenger is. It is like the disappearing messages on Snapchat. You can also use this in your Instagram Application; want to know how? Click here.
Check this article to learn How to block someone on Messenger.
Why should I use Vanish Mode on Messenger
Some of you may feel that you don’t have any secrets to hide from your friends, so there is no need to use Vanish mode. Vanish Mode is not only created for secret messages or also for silly messages.
Let’s say you found something funny and want to share it with your friend but don’t want it to be discussed again or forwarded to others. Then you can use Vanish Mode. You can use the Vanish mode to share the contents spontaneously without further thinking.
Like the Incognito Tab in Chrome Browser, Vanish Mode is for sharing messages that shouldn’t be recorded in the chat history. Alright enough for an introduction,
We learned What is vanish Mode on Messenger and its use cases. Now let’s see how to turn on Vanish Mode on Messenger.
How to Turn On Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here is the brief guide to turn on Vanish Mode on Messenger –
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Messenger App.
- Open Messenger and Select the Chat (person) for which you need Vanish Mode.
- Now Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. You will see a circle with the message “swipe up to turn on Vanish Mode”. Keep dragging until the circle is fully coloured.
- If it is your first time, a small Pop-up message explaining the Vanish Mode will appear on the screen.
- Now your chat theme will be dark, and an option to turn off Vanish mode will appear on the top of the chat. The same will happen to the receiver on the other end.
That’s it; now you can chat as usual without second thoughts. Alright, now that you learned what vanish mode is on Messenger and how to turn on vanish mode on Messenger, let’s see how to turn off vanish mode on Messenger.
How to Turn Off Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here are the steps to turn off the Vanish mode on Messenger –
- Open Messenger and select the chat which you want to turn off the Vanish Mode.
- You can easily tab the Turn Off Vanish Mode at the top of the screen or follow the same Swipe process to Turn Off Vanish mode on Messenger.
Now you learned how to turn off Vanish Mode on Messenger. Now we have covered all the topics related to What is Vanish mode on Messenger. Let’s see other important points about the Vanish Mode on Messenger
Points to remember while using Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here are some points you should be aware of before using the Vanish Mode on Messenger –
- You will be notified if the other party in the chat turns on the vanish mode, and the same will be sent when you enable vanish mode.
- Contents in vanish mode cannot be shared, forwarded, copied, or saved.
- You can turn on Vanish mode on Individual multiple chats simultaneously, but you can’t use them in the group chats.
- You can report the messages sent in the Vanish mode.
- The Other party can take a photo of the messages before they disappear from the screen using a camera or other devices.
- You can use Vanish Mode only with the person you have already messaged or connected with.
Okay, you have mastered the Vanish Mode on Messenger. Are you still stuck? Here are some FAQs for your help.
Common FAQs: What is Vanish Mode on Messenger
What is the Difference Between Secret Conversation Mode and Vanish Mode?
Many users feel that the new Vanish Mode is similar to the existing feature of Secret Conversation mode on Facebook messenger. Though they both are used to share secret or confidential messages, they operate in different ways. So here is short clarification for you.
In the Secret Conversation mode, the message sent will be recorded in the sender’s chat history. That’s, They will be able to set a time for them; after the time expiry, the messages will disappear from the receiver’s chat but still be available in the Sender’s chat.
While in the Vanish Mode, the messages will be disappeared in both the party’s chat after the Sender turns off the Mode, and there is no time limit.
What happens when you take a screenshot in Vanish Mode?
The sender will be notified if the receiver takes a screenshot or screen record of the messages through the Vanish Mode.
What happens to my existing messages when I turn on Vanish Mode?
Your original chat will still be saved. And you will be able to access them once you turn off the Vanish mode.
Why I can't access Vanish Mode on my Messenger?
Make sure you use the recent version of Messenger. If so, then check whether vanish mode is available in your country. You can alternatively use the Secret Conversation Mode to send confidential messages.
“All the conversations are not meant to be recorded forever” – this is the idea behind the vanish mode. The Vanish mode is available in most countries.
I hope you have learned what is Vanish Mode on Messenger and how to turn it on and off Vanish Mode on Messenger. So what is your thought on the Vanish Mode on Messenger? Please share them in the comment sections.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support