Facebook Messenger has more than 1.3 billion users around globally and they exchange more than 20 billion messages daily. Last December, Facebook messenger merged with Instagram messages. Though it had many mixed reactions, it introduced the new feature named Vanish Mode.
Are you curious to know what is Vanish Mode on Messenger? Don’t worry you are in the right place. Today in this article you will get to know all the basic information about the Vanish Mode on Messenger.
So, without further ado let’s get started.
Vanish Mode is a new chatting feature introduced in the Facebook messenger, which lets the users send self-destructing or disappearing messages to another.
You can send any type of content which includes text, photos, video, and GIFs through the Vanish Mode. These messages will disappear in the receiver chat once you turn off Vanish mode or after you left the chat.
However, you can still access the messages you sent in Vanish Mode for the next 6 hours after you left the chat. This is not possible if you turn off the Vanish Mode on Messenger.
It is like the disappearing messages in Snapchat. You can also use this in your Instagram Application, want to know how? click here.
Why should I use Vanish Mode on Messenger
Some of you may feel that you don’t have any secrets to hide with your friends, so there is no need to use Vanish mode. Vanish Mode is not only created for secret messages or also for silly messages.
Let’s say you found something funny and want to share it with your friend but don’t want it to be discussed again or forwarded to others. Then you can use Vanish Mode. You can use the Vanish mode to share the contents spontaneously without further thinking.
It is like the Incognito Tab in Chrome Browser, Vanish Mode is for sharing messages that shouldn’t be recorded in the chat history. Alright enough for an introduction, let’s see how to turn on Vanish Mode on Messenger.
How to Turn On Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here is the brief guide, to turn on Vanish Mode on messenger –
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Messenger App.
- Open Messenger and Select the Chat (person) which you need Vanish Mode.
- Now Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. You would be able to see a circle with the message “swipe up to turn on Vanish Mode”. Keep dragging until the circle is fully colored.
- If it is your first time, a small Pop-up message explaining the Vanish Mode will show up on the screen.
- Now your chat theme will be turned to dark, and an option to turn off Vanish mode will appear on the top of the chat. The same will happen to the receiver on the other end.
That’s it, now you can chat as usual without second thoughts. Alright now as you learned how to turn on vanish mode on Messenger, let’s see how to turn off vanish mode on Messenger.
How to Turn Off Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here are the steps to turn off the Vanish mode on Messenger –
- Open the Messenger and select the chat which you want to turn off the Vanish Mode.
- You can easily tab the Turn Off Vanish Mode at the top of the screen or follow the same Swipe process to Turn Off Vanish mode on Messenger.
Now you learned how to turn off Vanish Mode on Messenger, let’s see other important points about the Vanish Mode on Messenger.
Points to remember while using Vanish Mode on Messenger
Here are some points you should be aware of before using the Vanish Mode on Messenger –
- You will be notified if the other party in the chat turns on the vanish mode, and the same will be sent when you enable vanish mode.
- Contents shared in vanish mode cannot be shared, forwarded, copied, or saved.
- You can turn on Vanish mode on multiple Individual chats at the same time, but you can’t use them in the group chats.
- You can report the messages sent in the Vanish mode.
- The Other party can take a photo of the messages before they disappear from the screen using a camera or other devices.
- You can use Vanish Mode only with the person you have already messaged or connected.
Okay, you have mastered the Vanish Mode on Messenger. Are you still stuck? here are some FAQs for your help.
Common FAQs: What is Vanish Mode on Messenger
What is the Difference Between Secret Conversation Mode and Vanish Mode?
Many users feel that the new Vanish Mode is similar to the existing feature Secret Conversation mode on Facebook messenger. So here is short clarification for you. Though they both are used to share secret or confidential messages, they operate in different ways.
In the Secret Conversation mode, the message sent will be recorded in the sender chat history. That’s He/She will be able to set a time for them, after the expiry of the time the messages will be disappeared in the receiver’s chat, but still, be available in the Sender’s chat.
While in the Vanish Mode the messages will be disappeared in both the party’s chat after the sender turns off the Mode and there is no time limit.
What happens when you take a screenshot in Vanish Mode?
The sender will be notified if the receiver takes the screenshot or screen record of the messages through the Vanish Mode.
What happens to my existing messages when I turn on Vanish Mode?
Your original chat will still be saved. and you will be able to access them once you turn off the Vanish mode.
Why I can't access Vanish Mode on my Messenger?
Make sure you use the recent version of Messenger. If so, then check whether vanish mode is available in your country. You can alternatively use the Secret Conversation Mode to send confidential messages.
“All the conversations are not meant to be recorded forever” – this is the idea behind the vanish mode. Now the Vanish mode is available in most of the countries, yet still are on a wait.
I hope you have learned what is Vanish Mode on Messenger how to turn on and off Vanish Mode on Messenger. so what is your thought on the Vanish Mode on Messenger? Please share them in the comment sections.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support