Learning how to enable cookies in Safari browser gives you lots of advantages. Cookies are pieces/fragments of data sent by a website you visit your browser. They help the website remember you and that the next time you visit a website it will remember your details and then you would be able to use the website at its maximum potential. (Remember that it would never save your sensitive info). It’s better to allow cookies only when you trust the website.
How to Enable Cookies in Safari on Mac?
Some people find it difficult; to allow cookies on mac devices and if you are one of them, you are at the right place. This process is easy.
To do this you have to:
- Go to Safari Browser.
- Tap on Preferences.
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- Then under Cookies and website data, uncheck the box next to Block all cookies.
How to Enable Cookies in Safari on iPhone?
Now let us talk about how to do it on an iPhone. This process is pretty simple.
- Open the iPhone settings app.
- Open Safari.
- Then on the next screen, you have to check if the Block All Cookies is toggled to grey.
- Grey means the cookies are allowed, whereas green means the cookies are blocked. If it is green, you have to toggle it off till it becomes grey.
I hope that you have learned a lot about cookies. How they work, and you must now also know the difference between first-party and third-party cookies. And all the Apple users reading this article, I hope that I have solved your problem with this article. That is it for this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Types of Cookie is There?
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that you should not be worried about. These types of cookies; are created by the website owners.
- Third-party cookies: These types of cookies are created by website owners who display ads on a website. They do not cause any harm, although they can track any user’s browsing history. So does this mean you should not visit any sites with ads. No, not all third parties trace your history, and if you still want surety that nobody is tracking you, you can clear all the cookies from your browsing history.
In simple terms, a cookie is a piece of data that ensures you have a smooth experience on the internet.
What if You Do Not Allow Cookies on a Website?
Sometimes if you do not allow cookies on a website, you will not be able to access the website. It’s not always like this. Some websites allow you to use their website despite rejecting the cookies. It depends on the website owner. But still, be cautious while accepting cookies on a website.
Is It Safe To Allow Cookies on a Website?
Maximum times it is safe. You won’t get malware because of them as the data in the cookies does not change. So does this mean that you should not be worried? Yes, you should be worried!
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support