If there are many photo albums on your iPhone that are useless and are occupying space in your iPhone, you might ask How To Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
So, in this article, I will discuss How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone? Which were created by you or by the iPhone itself.
There are different methods by which you can delete albums on your iPhone, which I am going to mention below:
Method #1: Using the Photos App
The simplest way to delete a Photo Album on iPhone is by using the Photos app. Photos App allows you to add, organize and delete photos and other stuff. Now let us see how you can delete a photo album using Photos App on your iPhone.
To do this, you have to:
- Launch the Photos App on your iPhone.
- Find the Albums tab and then click on it.
- In the My Album section, look for the See All option and click on it.
- Then click on Edit.
- After clicking on the Edit option, a red icon will appear on every folder. Find the folder you want to delete and click the red icon.
- A note will then pop up on the screen. You have to then click on Delete Album.
Method #2: Using Google Photos
If you cannot delete the albums using the Photos App for some reason, You can install Google Photos from App Store and afterward delete it using the app.
To do this, you have to:
- Open the Google Photos app.(you will have to sign in to your google account first)
- Search for the album you want to delete.
- Open it.
- Click on the More option.
- Then click on the Delete option.
- After clicking on the Delete option, the selected album will be deleted.
That was the second method for How To Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
Method #3: Deleting Synced Albums
Default albums can’t be deleted using the above-mentioned methods because they are created by the iPhone.
By syncing your iPhone to iTunes. All the photos will be uploaded to your iTunes app.
To delete these albums you have to un-sync them via iTunes.
You have to:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and then choose your device on it.
- Choose the Menu option, then the albums from the Copy Photos option.
- Then Deselect all the albums whose photos you want to delete.
- The iPhone will then delete the albums.
That was the third method for How To Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
You might be wondering what just happened. The explanation is simple the iPhone does not sync the images from the deselected albums, which will delete the photos from the selected albums from your iPhone.
I hope that you have learned, How To Delete Photo Albums on iPhone?
I have talked about various methods by which you can delete albums on your iPhone. I hope you do not have any confusion now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Deleting an Album Also Delete Its Photos?
No, when you delete an Album the images do not get deleted. They remain in the memory. If you want to delete these too, you can do it by deleting them from the library.
Are There Apps To View and Delete Albums Other Than the Photos App on iPhone?
Yes, there are other apps. You can perhaps download Google Photos. You can download it from the app store. If you want to know, How To Delete Photo Albums on iPhone? I have already discussed this above.
How Can I Delete Albums iPhone Itself Creates?
To delete these albums you have to use the iTunes app. Check this article for more detailed information on how to delete albums on iPhone.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support