Now is more easier to change Microsoft Teams email address, Microsoft has included a button in Microsoft 365 portal to change the email address of a Teams. So, in this article, we will learn How to change Microsoft Teams email address without PowerShell scripts.
In the beginning, of Microsoft Teams when you create a Teams, an email address will be generated based on the Teams name and there is no way you can change the Teams email address.
Later, Microsoft included some PowerShell scripts to change the Email address of a Microsoft Teams but now it has became more easier.
You can simply change any of your existing Teams email address by going to Microsoft 365 portal (formerly known as Office 365 portal)
How to Change Microsoft Teams email Address
Step 01: Microsoft 365 Portal
1. Login to Microsoft 365 portal
2. Click on Active teams & groups
Step 02: Select and edit your Teams
3. Search your Teams which you want to change the email address or Either select in the list of available teams
4. Click in the 3 dots as shown in the above image
5. Now select Edit email address in the list of option
Step 03: Update your Teams email address
6. Click on the edit button
7. Enter your new prefix for the email address
8. Click on the Done button once you are edited.
Step 04: Save the Changes
9. Click on the Save changes button once you confirmed your new email address
10. Your changes successfully updated immediately.
If you are planning to use the old email address for other Teams, however it can take 24 hours before the old address is available for reuse case.
That’s it, this is how it easier now to change the Microsoft Teams email address using Microsoft 365 portal without using any PowerShell scripts. How you like this article, appreciate if you mark this article as Helpful.