As a social media site, Facebook has surpassed the levels of simply being a site for passing the time.
Facebook has become a place for various activities and even jobs; celebrities can promote themselves or their movies on the site, and others can get followers if their content is rich with passion.
But what happens if you want to unfollow someone you are following on Facebook, someone you probably once followed out of a desire to do so but has either grown irritated with their content or want to stop receiving notifications from their posts or seeing their activities on the Facebook News Feed?
This article will specifically deal with How to Unfollow Facebook on Desktop Android and iOS devices.
How to Unfollow on Facebook Friends
The Facebook timeline or News Feed is an excellent way to see the posts of your colleagues or family members, including those you follow.
This is also a source of trouble, for a Facebook friend of yours could keep sending you posts or video content that irritate you immensely to your very core. The unfortunate fact is that you will always get a notification from Facebook if you are following someone like that; the good news is that you can unfollow someone too.
By fortuity, it is relatively simple to unfollow someone like that on Facebook without much hassle; this will ensure that you cannot see their obnoxious posts or have them burst your ears due to the ‘meme’ nature of their videos.
You will still be friends with the person you are following on Facebook, along with being able to converse with them on the Facebook messenger app. The only thing you won’t see is your friend’s posts on your Facebook news feed, which can be a sort of solace for your mind.
There are various methods or ways to unfollow someone on Facebook; unfollow them from either their post or News Feed preferences from the Settings Menu.
How to Unfollow on Facebook from User Profile page
You can try another way to unfollow a friend on Facebook to stop receiving their posts on your Facebook news feed.
1. Go to the profile page of the person you want to unfollow on Facebook.
2. Hover your mouse to ‘Friends’ below the Facebook profile cover photo, and click it.
3. Click on unfollow
This will ensure that you have unfollowed your Friend from their profile page and that their posts won’t appear in your timeline.
How to Unfollow on Facebook from a User Post
1. Visit any posts made by the person you are currently following on Facebook and want to unfollow
2. Click on the three dots on the top right of the post your friend made.
3. Select Unfollow. You won’t see more of this person’s posts, but you will remain friends on Facebook.
Unfollowing someone will keep your Facebook posts visible to them until and unless they decide that it’s for them to remove you from their friend list based on them either getting bored of you or somehow knowing that you unfollowed them.
How to Unfollow on Facebook on Android & iOS
You might be the type of person to prefer doing things more on the mobile using the trusty touch screen rather than typing like a madman on a computer, especially since phones now are more popular than ever and are used by many people, mainly due to the fact as to how simple mobile devices are for usage.
Hence, you must want to know how to unfollow Facebook for the Android or iOS versions.
To unfollow someone on Facebook using either the Android or iOS mobile app, do the following:
Go to your Facebook mobile app
1. Tap on the three lines at the top of the menu
2. Tap on Friends
3. Search your Friends on the search friends list
4. Tap on the three dots next to your friend’s profile name
5. Tap on Unfollow (friends name)
This is how easiest to unfollow someone on Facebook, Android or iOS app.
How to Unfollow on Facebook from News Feed on Desktop
While you may now know about two methods of how to unfollow a Facebook user, such as a friend or a family member, there is yet another way to unfollow a person on Facebook; follow the steps below to do so.
1. Go to your own Facebook account page on your Desktop and click on the Down Arrow located on the top menu option.
2. Choose Settings & Privacy
3. Click on News Feed preferences
4. Click on Unfollow to Unfollow People, Pages and Groups to Hide their Posts
5. Now, Choose the person or the page or Group you desire to unfollow on Facebook; once you click on them, you can see the status will automatically change from Following to Unfollowed, as shown in the image.
6. Now click on the X button to close the windows
That’s it; This is how you can Unfollow a Person, Page and Group on Facebook using News Feed preferences on the Desktop.
How to Unfollow on Facebook from News Feed on Android & iOS
While you may now know about two methods of unfollowing a Facebook user, such as a friend or a family member, there is yet another way to unfollow a person on Facebook; follow the steps below to do so.
1. Go to your Facebook account page and Tap on the three lines on the top menu option.
2. Go down in the App and Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on News Feed
4. Click on the Unfollow People and Groups to Hide Their Posts
5. Choose the Person or Group you desire to unfollow on Facebook; once you have selected them, tap on them and go back.
That’s it. This is how you can unfollow your News feed on Facebook Android App.
How to ReFollow Unfollowed Facebook Friends
If you have suddenly changed your mind about unfollowing a friend due to perhaps some remorseful feeling or guilt, then you can follow them again, do the following:
Go to your Facebook account’s profile page after signing in.
1. Select the down arrow from the top menu bar.
2. Select Settings & privacy
3. Choose News Feed Preferences
4. Choose Reconnect to Reconnect with people, Pages and groups you’ve unfollowed.
5. Choose the Facebook user you want to connect with again by clicking on the + button next to their user profile.
6. Once you have selected the person. You will be able to see the status is automatically changing from Unfollowed to Following.
You can see this person’s posts on your Facebook News feed again.
This will ensure that the person’s obnoxious or embarrassing posts won’t appear on your Facebook News Feed, nor will you get any notification whatsoever if they make an update.
This is one of the better ways to Refollow unfollow Friends on Facebook.
- What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup - 12th December 2023
- How to Turn On Dark Mode on TikTok - 10th December 2023
- Differences Between NTFS Disk Quotas and FSRM Quotas - 8th December 2023
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support