When you start a recording in Microsoft Teams meeting it will automatically store on Microsoft Stream. As per user request, Microsoft has finally agreed and now lets you store all of your Microsoft Teams meeting recording in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
While Microsoft Stream has its own features and benefits but when you store your recording on OneDrive for Business and SharePoint you will get lots of other features that won’t be offered by Microsoft Stream. Check out the list below:
- Easy to set permissions and sharing in OneDrive SharePoint
- Easy to increase the age quota
- Retention policies for Teams meeting recording (TMR) (S+C E5 auto retention labels)
- You will get the benefit from OneDrive for Business and SharePoint information governance
- You can share recordings with guests (external users) with explicit share only
- Request access flow
- Provide OneDrive for Business and SharePoint shared links
- Meeting recordings are available faster
- Go local tenant support
- Multi-geo support – recordings are stored in a region-specific to that user
- Bring your own key (BYOK) support
- Improved Transcript quality and speaker attribution
There are some Limitations you should consider
- There will be English-only closed captions and transcripts.
- You will not be able to search for transcripts or their content.
- You will not be able to edit the transcripts, but you will be able to toggle captions off/on.
- You will be able to control with whom you share the recording, but you will not be able to block people from downloading the recording shared recording.
- You will not get an email when the recording finishes saving, but the recording will appear in the meeting chat once it’s finished. Comparing to Stream, this will happen much quicker.
Check out this detailed article from Microsoft for more information on this feature Use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint or Stream for meeting recordings
How to Record a Meeting in Microsoft Teams
Recording a call or a meeting will be very important for various purpose. When you records a meetings in Microsoft Teams your recording will be saved in the cloud, and saved securely across your organization.
For more information check this blog, How to record meeting in Teams