How to Create a VPN Connection on Windows 10
Now the finally part is we have to create a VPN connection on the device to make a successful connection between RRAS Server and the client Device. As I am using Windows 10 device I am creating the VPN connection as following, please follow the step by step instruction to create the VPN connection on your device.
1. Click on Set up a new connection or network on Network and Sharing center of your Windows 10 device
2. Click on Connect to a workplace
3. Click on Next
4. Click on Use my Internet connection (VPN)
5. Type the DNS address which you setup on Azure VM and used on the self sign certificate
6. Click on Allow other people to use this connection, if you want others also to use the VPN otherwise you can skip this step
7. Click on Create to Create the VPN connection
7. To connect the VPN click on the LAN icon on your device
8. Click on the VPN Connection Name you defined
9. Click on Connect to Connect the VPN
10. Congratulation, VPN has successfully connected on your device.
11. Ping the server IP address to check the performance of the connection
12. Go back to the RRAS Server and click on the Remote Access Clients, here you can see the client is visible on the server
If you have followed my steps carefully, you have been connected to the VPN as I am. Thank you for having patients and following this long tutorial to setup RRAS VPN server on the Azure VPN and establish the connection from Windows 10 device.
- Part 1 – How to Create and Configure RRAS VPN Server on Azure VM – Install and Configure RRAS Server
- Part 2 – How to Create and Configure RRAS VPN Server on Azure VM – Configure NPS Policy
- Part 3 – How to Create and Configure RRAS VPN Server on Azure VM – Assign Static Public IP For Azure VM
- Part 4 – How to Create and Configure RRAS VPN Server on Azure VM – Create & Install Self Sign Certificate
- Part 5 – How to Create and Configure RRAS VPN Server on Azure VM – Create VPN on Windows 10 Device
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support