The Trusted Platform Module is the service used to protect your PC. Still, unfortunately, like some users, you may face the error your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned error in Microsoft Teams or any other Microsoft 365 applications.
Since this error is related to your system security, ignoring it can be a big problem for you; to learn how to fix this error on your system all at once, keep reading the article below.
Here are the four best solutions to fix your computer’s trusted platform module malfunctioning on your PC.
Fix 01: Remove Office 365 or Microsoft 365 Credentials
When you log in to your computer with your Microsoft office credentials, windows try to store your credential in the credential manager, but when it fails, you will get this error. So, the best possible solution is to clear all the existing office 365 or Microsoft 365 application credentials in the credential manager.
Step 1: Open Credential Manager
Open the Credential Manager on your Windows 10 PC to delete the credential.
- Press Windows Key on your keyboard and Type credential
- Select Credential Manager on the Screen
- Click the Open button on the lift side of the screen to open the Credential Manager.
Step 2: Delete Existing Office Credential
Credential Manager Will store all the credentials for your Windows. Here you will see two option Web Credential and Windows Credential.
Windows will keep all the credentials related to the browser on the Web Credentials, and all the Credentials related to your local application will be stored on the Windows Credentials.
- Select Windows Credentials on the Screen
- Check and delete all the office credentials, as shown in the below image
Note: Deleting the Credentials will not harm your PC. So, without any hesitation, you can delete the credentials here.
Now Restart your PC and try to log in to your Microsoft Office application again. This time you will not receive your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned error on your PC.
Fix 02: Disconnect your work or school account
Even after removing the credential from the credential manager, if you still face the same error, follow the below instruction and remove your work or school from your PC.
- Press Windows Key on your keyboard and select the Settings button, as shown in the below image.
- In the Windows Setting option, Go to Accounts.
- Go to Access work or school.
- Select your or your school account in the list of accounts and click Disconnect.
Again, try to log in to any Office 365 applications like Microsoft Teams or Microsoft Outlook etc., and see if the error Your Computer’s Trusted Platform Module has Malfunctioned disappeared on your computer.
If you are still facing the same error, I am afraid you have to follow the next possible solution to solve the Your Computer’s Trusted Platform Module has Malfunctioned error on your PC.
Fix 03: Created Protection Policy registry key:
Another best possible solution to fix the error your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned error on your PC is by creating the Protection Policy in the registry for your Windows device.
Step 1: Open Registry Editor
Opening the Registry Editor to create a new registry entry would be best. Follow the below method to open the registry editor:
- Press Window Key on your Keyboard and type Registry Editor
- Select the Registry Editor
- On the left side of the screen, select Run as Administrator
Step 2: Navigate to the Registry Location
In the Registry Editor screen, go to the below location:
Step 3: Create a New Registry Item
- Select the df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb Folder in the location
- Right Click on the screen and select New
- Select the new Registry type as DWORD (32-bit) value
Give the registry item name as ProtectionPolicy
Give the dword value as 00000001
Fix 04: Create New User Profile
A corrupted user profile can also be a reason your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned error on your PC.
You just created the new profile for the user, and your user will receive your computer’s trusted platform module that has malfunctioned error on Microsoft Teams. Then Windows has not created the user profile properly for the users.
Using the following steps, delete the existing user profile for the user and create a new one.
Please check this blog for detailed information on How to Recreate User Profile in Windows 10.
Above is the best possible solution to fix your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned error in your Windows 10 PC.
If none of the above solutions solves the error on your Windows 10 device, please let us know in the comment section so we can further help you resolve this annoying error.
Check this article to learn How to block ads with your router using free ad blocking dns server.
- What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup - 12th December 2023
- How to Turn On Dark Mode on TikTok - 10th December 2023
- Differences Between NTFS Disk Quotas and FSRM Quotas - 8th December 2023
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support