What is System Restore in Window 10
System restore is one of a useful tool available in Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What system restore does is, it will take your PC to a previous state. Do you want to know How long does system restore take on Windows 10? Check out this article for more information.
System restore will be helpful when you face any kind of problem with your Windows and you assume this will likely because of a recent Windows update or a software change etc.,
System restore is easy and quick to perform on any version of the Windows. Using this tool you can recover data that are deleted on the current state or a software that is modified incorrectly.
How Long Does System Restore take on Windows 10
System Restore will take roughly 45 mins to 1 hours to complete the restoration process on your Windows. Most likely it will be depend on your PC due to the hardware performance and OS data.
How to Enable System Restore Point on Windows
As you already learned “how long does system restore take”, Now in order to use take advantage of this feature on your device, you need to enable this feature first. By default, this feature comes disabled in Windows.
Go to the search bar and type System Restore or create a restore point as shown in the below image and click on the Create a restore point and Open
- Click on System Protection tab
- Click on Configure button as shown in the image
- Here click on Turn on system protection
- Set the Max usage to your preferred system capacity
- Finally, Click OK to finish
Now you have successfully, enabled the system restore protection on your computer, But you cannot take the advantage of restore point now, as just you have enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful in the future in case you face any problem like this.
Check this article to know how to resolve Windows update stuck fix it now issue on Windows 10.
How to Perform a System Restore
Windows System Restore is the best option when any of the issues in windows is being repeated continuously.
System Restore is used to put your PC to an earlier stage or version. What System Restore does is, takes an image of your computer’s important files on a regular basis. When your computer fails like in this case you can take advantage of Windows System Restore.
Performing a System Restore is very easy and not a difficult task. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Press Windows Key + S and type ‘System Restore’ in the search bar area. From the menu you see there, click on ‘Create a restore point’ as shown below.
- In the System Properties go to System Protection tab and click on System Restore as shown in the below image.
- Read the description to get the knowledge and click on Next to proceed further.
- Click on Show more restore points to view all the Restore points created on your PC. You can now select any of the various points/stages from where you can restore your PC to. Click the correct version and press
- You will be shown some instructions read them carefully and follow these to finish the System Restore.
When your system is restored successfully, you should not be facing the problem anymore. But in some cases, System Restore can also fail, if it does you will be notified after the restart or during the next login.
Again follow the same process and choose different restore points, maybe the restore point you selected wasn’t properly created or it was somehow corrupted.
If you did see any restore points listed on your computer, then follow these instructions to enable Restore Point on your computer:
But you cannot take the advantage of restore point now, as just you have enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful in the future in case you face any problem like this.
I hope you learn “how long does system restore take”, How to enable system restore point and how to perform a system restore point in this article. If you have any questions or suggestions kindly do let them know in the comment section.
Check this article to know how to recreate corrupted user profile in Windows 10.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support