System restore is one of a useful tool available in Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What system restore does is, it will take your PC to a previous state.
System restore will be helpful when you face any kind of problem with your Windows and you assume this will likely because of a recent Windows update or a software change etc.,
System restore is easy and quick to perform on any version of the Windows. Using this tool you can recover data that are deleted on the current state or a software that is modified incorrectly.
How Long Does System Restore take?
System Restore will take roughly 45 mins to 1 hours to complete the restoration process on your Windows. Most likely it will be depend on your PC due to the hardware performance and OS data.
Once you started this process, it cannot be irreversible so, you need to be careful at the time of selecting the available restore point on your PC.
How to enable System Restore Point on Windows
In order to use take advantage of this feature, your PC, you need to enable this feature first. By default, this feature comes disabled in Windows.
Go to the search bar and type System Restore or create a restore point as shown in the below image and click on the Create a restore point and Open
- Click on System Protection tab
- Click on Configure button as shown in the image
- Here click on Turn on system protection
- Set the Max usage to your preferred system capacity
- Finally, Click OK to finish
Now you have successfully, enabled the system restore protection on your computer, But you cannot take the advantage of restore point now, as just you have enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful in the future in case you face any problem like this.
How to Perform a System Restore
Windows System Restore is the best option when any of the issues in windows is being repeated continuously.
System Restore is used to put your PC to an earlier stage or version. What System Restore does is, takes an image of your computer’s important files on a regular basis. When your computer fails like in this case you can take advantage of Windows System Restore.
Performing a System Restore is very easy and not a difficult task. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Press Windows Key + S and type ‘System Restore’ in the search bar area. From the menu you see there, click on ‘Create a restore point’ as shown below.
- In the System Properties go to System Protection tab and click on System Restore as shown in the below image.
- Read the description to get the knowledge and click on Next to proceed further.
- Click on Show more restore points to view all the Restore points created on your PC. You can now select any of the various points/stages from where you can restore your PC to. Click the correct version and press
- You will be shown some instructions read them carefully and follow these to finish the System Restore.
When your system is restored successfully, you should not be facing the problem anymore. But in some cases, System Restore can also fail, it does you will be notified after the restart or during the next login.
Again follow the same process and choose different restore points, maybe the restore point you selected wasn’t properly created or corrupted.
If you did see any restore points listed on your computer, then follow these instructions to enable Restore Point on your computer:
But you cannot take the advantage of restore point now, as just you have enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful in the future in case you face any problem like this.