What is System Restore in Window 10
System restore is a valuable tool available in Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What system restore does is it takes your PC to a previous state. Do you want to know How long does system restore take on Windows 10? Check out this article for more information.
System restore will be helpful when you face any problem with your Windows, and you assume this will likely be because of a recent Windows update or a software change etc.,
System restore is easy and quick to perform on any version of Windows. Using this tool, you can recover deleted data in the current state of software modified incorrectly.
How Long Does System Restore take on Windows 10
System Restore will take roughly 45 mins to 1 hour to complete the restoration process on your Windows. It will, most likely, depend on your PC due to the hardware performance and OS data.
How to Enable System Restore Point on Windows
As you already learned, “how long does system restore take”, Now, to take advantage of this feature on your device, you need to enable this feature first. By default, this feature is disabled in Windows.
Go to the search bar and type System Restore or create a restore point as shown in the below image; click on Create a restore point and Open.
- Click on the System Protection tab
- Click on Configure button as shown in the image
- Here click on Turn on system protection.
- Set the Max usage to your preferred system capacity
- Finally, Click OK to finish
Now you have successfully enabled the system restore protection on your computer. Still, you cannot take advantage of the restore point now, as you have just enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful if you face any problem like this.
Check this article to learn how to resolve the Windows update stuck fix it now issue on Windows 10.
How to Perform a System Restore
Windows System Restore is the best option when any of the Windows issues are repeated continuously.
System Restore puts your PC to an earlier stage or version. What System Restore does is, takes an image of your computer’s essential files regularly. When your computer fails, like in this case, you can take advantage of Windows System Restore.
Performing a System Restore is very easy and not a difficult task. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Press Windows Key + S and type ‘System Restore’ in the search bar area. From the menu you see there, click on ‘Create a restore point’ as shown below.
- In the System Properties, go to the System Protection tab and click System Restore, as shown in the image below.
- Read the description to get the knowledge, and click Next to proceed.
- Click on Show more restore points to view all the Restore points created on your PC. You can now select any of the various points/stages from which you can restore your PC. Click the correct version and press Next
- You will be shown some instructions. Please read them carefully, and follow these to finish the System Restore.
When your system is restored successfully, you should no longer face the problem. But in some cases, System Restore can also fail; if it does, you will be notified after the restart or during the next login.
Again follow the same process and choose different restore points; maybe the restore point you selected wasn’t correctly created or was somehow corrupted.
If you did see any restore points listed on your computer, then follow these instructions to enable Restore Point on your computer:
But you cannot take advantage of the restoring point now, as you have enabled it on your computer, but it will be helpful in the future if you face any problem like this.
I hope you learn “how long does system restore take”, How to enable a system restore point and how to perform a system restore point in this article. If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly let them know in the comment section.
Check this article to learn how to recreate corrupted user profile in Windows 10.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support