Things to know First
Are you thinking about “Why are my AirPods so Quiet ??”
- Turn off Low Power mode first; that’s the focal point of low volume on your AirPods.
- Next, charge the AirPods for at least an hour or two.
- Other troubleshooting options may include calibrating the sounds of your AirPods and iPhone devices, turning off the equalizer (EQ) settings, and checking the Volume Limit (Reduce Loud Sounds) controls.
This article will cover nine ways to troubleshoot problems regarding how to make AirPods louder.
These steps apply to AirPods, 2nd generation of AirPods (AirPods 2), and Airpods Pro.
If you are tired of the low volume levels of your AirPods and want to know Why they are my AirPods so Quiet, then follow these nine steps to fix and make your AirPods louder:
01 Turn the Volume up On your Device
Since there aren’t any ways to turn up the volume on your AirPods, you must increase the volume levels on your iPhone.
You can do so by pressing your iPhone’s volume buttons, making your AirPods louder.
02 Turn off Low Power Mode
As Low Power Mode prioritizes saving battery over other functions of the iPhone, it might as well be the culprit of the low audio levels of your AirPods. To turn off Low Power Mode, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and locate ‘Battery.’
- Press the Low Power Mode green slider to turn off the feature.
Hopefully, this should solve the “Why are my AirPods so Quiet” issue on your AirPods? If not, go to the next step.
03 Make sure your AirPods is fully charged
If the AirPods are not adequately charged, they can cause issues due to the low battery levels.
Make sure to charge your AirPods in your charging case for at least an hour or two; keep enough charge to ensure they work without turning off automatically.
How to make AirPods louder? Doing this can often fix your AirPods low-volume issues and make them louder.
04 Turn Off any sort of equalizer settings
Turn off any equalizer (EQ) settings. Most EQ settings focus on automatically adjusting the levels of the audio played. Hence this can lower the audio of your AirPods and make them be played at a level where you cannot hear anything.
This can make you wonder how to make AirPods louder; the best way to deal with this is to turn off your EQ settings.
05 Turn Off the volume Limit
Volume limit focuses explicitly on what its name says, putting a cap on the volume levels of your iPhone or any audio Bluetooth devices attached to it. This can reduce the maximum output of your AirPods and lower their volume to the desired level. To turn off this supposedly pesky feature, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Press Sounds & Haptics (might be called ‘Sounds’ on other models of iPhone)
- Press the green slider located on the ‘Reduce Loud Sounds’ option
This will disable the volume limit imposed upon your device and hopefully make your AirPods louder. If this doesn’t work, proceed.
06 Calibrate AirPods with your iPhone
Your AirPods and iPhone can often be unsynchronized and therefore be unable to differentiate between their respective levels of ‘Full volume’. To fix this, you may need to calibrate your AirPods and iPhone. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Start playing music on your AirPods
- Turn the volume of your iPhone down using the volume buttons until you cannot hear anything on your AirPods.
- Swipe down from the top right to access the Control Center
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Keep the AirPods outside the charging case and start playing music using your iPhone’s speaker this time.
- Turn the volume of your iPhone down till everything is quiet
- Connect the AirPods to your device by accessing the Control Center and turning Bluetooth on; you might also need to go to Bluetooth settings and tap on your AirPods device to connect them again
And you are done; your devices should be appropriately calibrated; if this makes your AirPods louder, then you are good. If you still face issues and want to fix the “Why are AirPods so Quiet” issue, proceed.
07 Set same volume for both Earbuds
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Open the Accessibility menu
- Scroll down until you come across ‘Hearing’ and choose Audio/Visual
- Ensure the slider is balanced correctly with the button between the L and R, specifically in the middle.
08 Connect AirPods to your device
You may need to re-pair your AirPods your device as some settings might be messed up. Re-pairing your AirPods with your iPhone can fix several issues. To do so, follow the steps:
- Go to your Bluetooth settings
- Press the circled i located next to your AirPods device
- Select (Forget This Device)
Now pair your AirPods to your device by following the usual steps needed for pairing. If this solves your problem, go no further than this. If you are still facing the issue of your AirPods not being louder, go ahead to the final step.
09 Clean your AirPods thoroughly
Thoroughly Clean Your AirPods. The speakers of your AirPods might be clogged up with earwax that builds up in your ears from listening to your AirPods for extended periods; cleaning up your AirPods carefully and thoroughly with a cloth or similar can help make your AirPods louder by removing the dirt and earwax.
This can surely fix the issue of “Why are my AirPods so Quiet” in most cases, as dust and gunk often collect into the AirPods.
FAQs: Why are my AirPods so Quiet
Is there a way to adjust the volumes of your AirPods hands-free
Of course, if your AirPods 2(second generation) or AirPods Pro is already paired up with your iPhone, Use Siri to make an AirPod voice command. Like, “Hey Siri, make the volume louder.”
I'm having issues with the music app using my AirPods. What can I do to solve it?
This may be an issue with the music app itself. To fix it, open Settings and go to Music; ensure that the Equalizer(EQ) and Sound-Check settings are turned off.
I'm still having issues with low audio volumes of my AirPods. What do I do
Unfortunately, you may need to contact Apple Support or find the time to make an Apple Store appointment.
- What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup - 12th December 2023
- How to Turn On Dark Mode on TikTok - 10th December 2023
- Differences Between NTFS Disk Quotas and FSRM Quotas - 8th December 2023
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support