Social media platforms are often accused of a lack of privacy, but what if I say there is an option for you to send secret-disappearing messages? Instagram, the 4th most used Social media platform, has a nifty feature called vanish mode.
Check this article to learn How to remove suggested posts on Instagram.
Are you wondering what is vanish mode on Instagram? How to access it? Then you are in the right place. In this article, you will learn all the details about What Vanish Mode is on Instagram, how to turn On Vanish Mode on Instagram, and how to turn off Vanish Mode on Instagram in detail.
Okay, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is Vanish Mode on Instagram
Vanish mode is like an Incognito Tab in Chrome browser. You can send disappearing messages to your friends or people in your chat using vanish mode.
After the last December update, Facebook and Instagram Messenger have updated with a new feature called Vanish Mode. The messages sent through this mode will be self-destructed after everyone in the chat leaves or when the vanish mode is turned off.
Check this article to learn How to Change Instagram Notification sound in various methods.
In the last update, the duration of self-destruction increased to 6 hours. Thus you will be able to access the messages in vanish mode for 6 hours after you leave the chat.
In short, it is more like the disappearing messages feature in Snapchat. You will learn what is Vanish Mode on Instagram, but what is this Vanish mode? Let’s see it in more detail.
When to use Vanish Mode on Instagram
I got your question -“I am not a spy; I have no secrets to share. So why should I use Vanish mode?”.
As we discussed above What is Vanish Mode on Instagram, Vanish mode on Instagram as simple as means, You don’t need to have secrets to use Vanish mode. Ever experienced sharing a silly picture of you with your friend, which he forwards to every other classmate, and at last, you become a laughing stock?
Check this article to learn How to Remove Shop Button on Instagram
It would be best if you turned on Vanish mode before sending such pictures or messages which you don’t want to be forwarded or discussed further. And Instagram also notifies you if the other person takes a screenshot of your messages.
- While sharing something confidential
- sharing something silly or embarrassing stuff
- while badmouthing your seniors or boss
- for sharing spontaneous messages
How to Turn On Vanish Mode on Instagram
Now we will see How to Turn On Vanish Mode on Instagram. Please follow the below step-by-step guide to turn on Vanish mode on Instagram on your device.
- Open Instagram App and tap the direct messenger icon on the top right corner.
- Now select the chat (the person) you want to enable vanish mode.
- Now, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to turn on Vanish mode.
A brief introduction to vanish mode will be displayed if you are using the Vanish mode for the first time.
- Now your chat theme will turn into the dark mode, and a “Turn Off Vanish Mode” button will appear at the top of the screen. The same will happen to the receiver, with a message stating that you’re in a vanish mode.
Now you can chat as usual using the vanish mode, get the benefit of Vanish mode and stop sneaking anyone on your chat.
How to Turn Off Vanish Mode on Instagram
Turning Off Vanish Mode on Instagram is very simple. Following the three simple steps below, you can learn How to Turn Off Vanish Mode on Instagram on your mobile device.
To turn Off Vanish mode on Instagram, you can follow the following steps to turn off Vanish Mode on Instagram –
- Open Instagram App and tap the direct messenger icon on the top right corner.
- Now select the chat (the person) you have already enabled vanish mode.
- Tap on Turn Off Vanish Mode at the top of the screen.
Once you turn off the vanish mode, the receiver won’t see the messages shared in the vanish mode. However, you will be able to see them for the next 6 hours after you leave the chat window.
Point to remember while using Vanish Mode on Instagram
You have already mastered the Vanish Mode option on Instagram; here are some additional points for your knowledge –
- You must have Messenger App (formerly known as Messenger for Facebook) on your device.
- You will get notified if someone sends messages using Vanish mode. By tapping it, you will enter the Vanish mode conversation with them.
- Messages shared in Vanish mode cannot be copied, saved, or forwarded.
- You can use Vanish mode only with persons you have connected with already (followed or messaged before).
- Vanish mode can be activated only in the Individual chat and cannot use for group chat.
- It cannot be accessed through Facebook or Messenger accounts.
- Still, the other party can take a screenshot or screen record your chat contents, and a notification will be sent if this happens.
- The contents shared in the Vanish mode can still be reported.
- Anyone can take a photo of the disappearing messages using other devices or cameras before they vanish.
Why I Can't access Vanish Mode on Instagram
If you can’t access Vanish Mode on Instagram, ensure you have updated your Instagram app to the latest version (combined with the Facebook Messenger update).
You can do this by tapping your DM icon or using the Play Store or App Store. Another reason can be that you are using it in the Group chat.
Or that Vanish mode is not available in your country yet. Currently, Vanish mode is unavailable in Japan and some European countries.
Check this article to learn What does restrict means on Instagram.
“Not all the messages are meant to last forever”- this is the idea behind the Vanish Mode concept of Instagram. It is said that the Vanish mode will soon be made available worldwide. So what are you planning to do with this Vanish Mode feature?
I hope you have learned what Vanish mode on Instagram is and How to Turn it on and off Vanish mode on Instagram.
If you have any thoughts or further questions, please leave them in the comment section below.
FAQs: What is Vanish Mode on Instagram
What is the point of vanish mode ?
To respect your privacy, when you send any messages while vanish mode is on. All your messages, photos, videos and other content in the chat section will be deleted after a certain period.
Does vanish mode delete messages on both sides ?
Yes, Vanish mode delete messages on both sides of the device. This is one of the essential features of Instagram.
Can you see when someone turns on vanish mode ?
No, you won’t see if the other person turned on vanish mode or using their device to chat with you.
Does vanish mode delete previous messages ?
When you turn on vanish mode on Instagram, your previous messages will not be deleted.
Why does Vanish Mode Instagram not working ?
There should be two reasons why Vanish Mode Instagram is not working. 1. Make sure you are using the latest version of Instagram, and 2. Make sure Vanish Mode features is available for your region by Instagram.
How to turn vanish mode off on Instagram
Turning off vanish mode on Instagram is very simple. Go to your Instagram App; select the person name on which you have enabled Vanish Mode. On the top of the chat screen, you will see the option to turn off vanish mode.
How do you get rid of vanish mode on Instagram
Getting rid of Vanish Mode on Instagram is very simple. Go to your Instagram App; select the person name on which you have enabled Vanish Mode. On the top of the chat screen, you will see the option to turn off vanish mode.
How does vanish mode work on Instagram
Vanish Mode on Instagram is introduced to protect your privacy while doing one-to-one chats. When you enable Vanish Mode on Instagram, all of your chat will be disappeared when you leave the chat section.
- What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup - 12th December 2023
- How to Turn On Dark Mode on TikTok - 10th December 2023
- Differences Between NTFS Disk Quotas and FSRM Quotas - 8th December 2023
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support