If you are a system admin, Resetting Windows 10 might be a daily task for you. You may find many errors during the reset process, such as being unable to reset your PC. Resetting
Below, you will see the best possible solution to fix the There Was a Problem Resetting your PC error.
Solution 01 Perform a SFC and DISM Scan
Most users of users assume that the There Was a Problem Resetting your PC error is due to the presence of corrupted files on their PC and can be easily solved using a straight-forward SFC scan command. The SFC scan command will scan all the protected OS-related files and replace them automatically if any corrupted files are found on your PC.
To perform an SFC scan, the following steps you need to follow to do so:
- Press the ‘Window Key’ and ‘X’ on your keyboard. Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) in the list of options. If you didn’t see the Command Prompt (Admin) option in the list, type Command Prompt in the search or click PowerShell Because in the recent Windows 10 feature update Microsoft has replaced the Command Prompt with PowerShell.
- When you get the Common Prompt menu, type sfc /scannow and enter.
- The scan will take up to a maximum of 20 minutes to finish. You will see the result as soon as possible once the scan is complete.
If the SFC scan did not find the corrupted files on your computer the scan, or you have some issues running the scan in the first place. Then, you can use the DISM scan command instead to fix the There Was a Problem Resetting your PC error.
To run the DISM scan, you must again load the command prompt or PowerShell as administrator and type the following command:
DISM / Online/ Cleanup-image/ RestoreHealth
The DISM scan might take more than just 20 minutes. So, please wait till the scanning successfully finish.
In the end, you will be notified if any corrupted files were found and whether the scanning result was successful.
If both the sfc and DISM command doesn’t fix the There Was a Problem Resetting your PC error on your computer, then follow the next possible solution.
Solution 02 Perform a System Restore
Windows System Restore is the best option when any of the Windows issues are repeated continuously.
System Restore is used to put your PC to an earlier stage or version. What System Restore does is, takes an image of your computer’s essential files regularly. When your computer fails, like in this case, you can take advantage of Windows System Restore.
Performing a System Restore is very easy and not a difficult task. Check this blog for detailed information on What is system restore? How to perform a system restore point in Windows 10.
Solution 03 Disable reagentc
Few users have claimed that disabling reagent service on the computer helps them resolve. There was a problem resetting your PC error on the Windows 10 computer. You can disable the reagentc service by following these simple instructions.
- Open up Command Prompt as admin
- Type the below commands
- reagentc /disable
- reagentc /enable
Once you have finished running these commands, attempt to reset your PC to see if the reset went successfully.
Solution 04 Disable Use Windows Defender to Refresh the Windows
Another successfully proven method of resolving the ‘There was a problem resetting your PC’ is to use the Windows Defender to refresh the Windows. Here is how to do it:
- Press Window Key + I on your keyboard
- Click on Settings.
- Next, go to ‘Update and Security.’
- Click on Windows Defender and Select the Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Device Performance and Health
- When you see the Fresh Start Section, click on Additional Info.
- Now you will get an option; click on ‘Get Started’ and Follow the on-screen instructions per the guidelines.
Solution 05 Do a Clean Install of Window
If the problem persists and none of the above solutions is helpful, then the only way out for you might be to perform a clean install of your Windows.
Check this blog for more information on How to do a clean installation of Windows 10
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support