There probably must be an update somewhere for your Windows 10 edition of Minecraft that involves some new stuff for you to enjoy or performance updates, but you must still be confused about how to update Minecraft windows 10 to your desired version.
Minecraft doesn’t upgrade itself when you update your Windows 10 versions, you have to manually update your Minecraft to enjoy the latest features and improvement.
To update your Minecraft on Windows 10, just follow the steps listed below steps one by one:
- Open the Microsoft Store App by clicking the icon pinned in the taskbar or search for it
- Click the three dots in the top right corner as shown in the above image
- Press Downloads and updates
- Click Get updates
This should be more than enough to update Minecraft Windows 10 edition without any further hassle. Normally, it should update automatically, but if it doesn’t. You can always do the update by yourself manually after following the steps listed above.
How to fix Minecraft Windows 10 Update issue
If you are still clueless about how to update Minecraft Windows 10 edition due to getting the update errors for some reason, then that would obviously leave you distraught. You can try some fixes listed below to resolve the error.
How to Resent Minecraft
Often resetting your Minecraft version can help with fixing the update error. To do that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows Key and click on the gear icon (Settings) or you can just press Windows Key + I to open the settings menu
- Click on Apps
- Click on the “Search this list” box and search for Minecraft
- Click on the Minecraft icon and choose “Advanced options”
- Scroll down and press “Reset”
This should be more than enough to successfully reset your Minecraft Windows 10 version. Try updating again after this, you probably shouldn’t get any errors.
How to Reinstall Minecraft
If you still can’t get a grasp on how to update Minecraft Windows 10 due to errors, you can always reinstall Minecraft to try and fix the update errors, be sure to make a backup of your data before reinstalling Minecraft as there are chances of you losing your data.
To reinstall Minecraft:
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type in “%appdata%”, this will send you the “Roaming” folder,
- Just search for the Minecraft folder
- After locating it, first find the “saves” folder and make a copy of it somewhere, this will prevent your worlds from being deleted
- Now delete the entire Minecraft folder
- Go to the official site of Minecraft to install it again
- Launch the game and close it again and
- Put your copy of the “saves” folder back into the newly created Minecraft folder, this will help you recover your worlds.
Voila, try to Install the updates again from the following above steps. They should work for sure.
Now that you know how to update Minecraft Windows 10, will you go on to update it. Or are you going to still play the good old Minecraft without reaping the benefits of a new update? It all depends on you, have fun updating and building!