Windows Defender is an antivirus program that comes pre-build with Windows 10. Earlier everyone suggests you to have an alternate Antivirus software then what has to Windows offer.
In this article you will learn how to turn off windows defender in Windows 10 in just 1 min and what are the benefits and important of it.
With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has well improved their Antivirus mechanism (Windows Defender). But still some prefer to go for third party Antivirus software like Kaspersky, McAfee or Avira etc.
In some situation you want temporarily or permanently disable the Windows Defender on your Windows 10. Well, How to Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 is very easy by following this blog you can do it in just 1 mins.
Check this article to learn how to hide taskbar on Windows 10.
How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10
On your Windows 10 device follow the below instruction to disable Windows Defender.
- Press Windows Key on your Keyboard
- Select Setting in the options
- On the Settings Page Select Update & Security
- Now Select Windows Security
- Open Virus & threat protection
- Now click Manage Setting on the Virtus & threat protection Settings.
- Here on the top Switch Real-time protection to Off.
- You will be prompt to confirm press Yes.
That’s it. This is how you can disable windows defender real-time scan on Windows 10 device.
How to Turn off Windows Defender Permanently
By manually turning off the Windows Defender on your device is a temporary process, Windows can automatically turn on the Windows Defender automatically after short period of time.
If you want to disable Windows Defender permanently on your Windows 10 device you can do it either through Group Policy or Registry setting. This is how to turn off windows defender permanently on your Windows 10 device.
Check this article to learn how to recreate corrupted user profile in Windows 10.
How to Turn off Windows Defender using Group Policy
- Press Window Key on your keyboard
- Type gpedit.msc on the search bar
- Open the Group Policy Editor as Run as administrator
- Now right click on the policy and click Edit.
- This will bring up the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender.
- Look for the policy setting “Turn Off Windows Defender“.
- Right click on the policy setting and click Edit.
- Click Enabled radio button to enable this policy
- Then click Apply and OK to close.
How to Turn off Windows Defender Using Registry Editor
Registry is an another option which you can use to disable Microsoft Defender on your Windows 10 device.
Follow the below instruction on your Windows 10 device to turn off Windows defender using Registry editor.
- Press Window on your keyboard
- Type Registry editor on the search screen
- Select Registry Editor and click Run as administrator to open Registry Editor in Administrative mode
- In the Registry Editor Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
- Double Click on DisableAntiSpyware
- Change the Vault data from 0 to 1.
Here 0 define enabled and 1 define disabled. You can do the changes as per your needs accordingly.
That’s it, now you have learned how you can disabled Windows Defender using Registry Editor.
Still confused on above setting then simply watch this youtube tutorial on How to Disable Windows 10 Defender and follow the same steps on your Windows 10 device.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support