While using Snapchat, one might possibly want to take a screenshot for various reasons such as keeping a record or perhaps capturing a moment.
But as taking a screenshot on Snapchat can be morally dubious, the app itself will inform the person of whom you are taking a screenshot of the snap if you do so.
In such a case, knowing how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing will be extremely beneficial for someone who is looking to screenshot a snap or even a chat without letting the other person know about such.
How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
If you are intending to know how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing, then you will have to use a third party software to do such a thing as neither turning airplane mode nor using the screen recorder will work anymore as Snapchat will inform the other user of your deed.
To be precise, Snapchat always works on patching any techniques that may allow one to know how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
To know how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing using a third party app, do the following steps below:
1. Go to the Google Play Store, search for Private Screenshot app and tap on Install
2. Open the app and tap on Screenshot without them knowing
3. You will be moved over to the Display over other apps section, tap on the Allow display over other apps toggle to enable it
4. You will get a notification that the app will starting capturing everything that’s displayed on your screen, tap on Start now
5. Go to your Snapchat app and tap on Chat
6. Tap on the name of the person you are chatting with
7. Tap on the orange icon to screenshot the chat without letting the other person know
8. Go back to the private screenshots app and tap on the three vertical dots just below your screenshot
9. Tap on Move to gallery
10. You will get a notification, simply tap on MOVE
With this, your screenshot will be moved to the gallery, the folder location will be: Pictures/ShamanLand.
With this, you now should know how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. To be careful, you might try using the private screenshots app on a very trusted friend or create another account yourself to test it out.
Common FAQs: How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Why does Snapchat notify others of screenshot?
Snapchat and other similar apps are rapidly taking this approach due to various privacy and security reasons. While most may take screenshots for mainly memories, some might do the same for malicious reasons, hence Snapchat has included the screenshot notifications feature.
Is it illegal to screenshot on Snapchat?
It is not illegal in terms of the law if you take a screenshot on Snapchat, but knowing how to take a screenshot on Snapchat for malicious reasons can be harmful for the other person who is getting screenshotted.
Hence taking a screenshot on Snapchat is morally dubious as it can involve either good or bad intentions.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support