While Reels are a nifty feature on Instagram that allows one to upload either short videos of doing something hilarious or to watch the videos of others.
It can be annoying for others if they somehow come upon an embarrassing reel of something they or their family members shouldn’t have seen. In that case, knowing how to remove Reels on Instagram can be extremely helpful.
This article will deal with that topic in the best way possible. Keep reading below to know all about how to remove Reels on Instagram on Android and iPhone.
How to Remove Reels on Instagram
While it can help to know how to remove Reels on Instagram, there is, unfortunately, no direct way to get rid of the Reels on Instagram, although there are ways to get at least get rid of the Reels on an Instagram app that is slightly complex, we will look at some of the ways.
Method 01: Install Old Version of Instagram
Installing an old Instagram APK, you can get rid of the Reels button. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Go to this link on your mobile device
2. Install the APK (make sure to allow Install from Unknown Sources. Otherwise, the APK will not install)
3. Make sure to disable auto-update. To do so, find Instagram on Google Play,
4. Open it and tap on the three vertical dots on the top right
5. Tap on Enable Auto Update to remove the tick mark
With this, you will be able to use Instagram without the Reels option; this can potentially work as one solution for removing Reels on Instagram.
Method 02: Use the web version of Instagram
Suppose you are uncomfortable with losing the extra features only available on the latest version of Instagram. In that case, you can try using the web browser version of Instagram, although you might have to use your computer rather than your mobile.
Method 03: Install Instagram lite Version
Instagram Lite does not support Reels yet; you can try installing Instagram Lite on your mobile device to get rid of Instagram Reels without actively modifying anything.
And these are some ways you can try to know how to remove Reels on Instagram. You can also try using modded APKs for Instagram that removes the Reels feature from them, but they are generally not advised.
If you have any more questions, don’t forget to comment below!
- What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup - 12th December 2023
- How to Turn On Dark Mode on TikTok - 10th December 2023
- Differences Between NTFS Disk Quotas and FSRM Quotas - 8th December 2023
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support