Windows 10 encourages one to create a Microsoft account to use all the features of Windows 10. But some people may find that unnecessary and want to know How to Remove Microsoft Accounts from Windows 10.
Fortunately, Windows 10 has the option of creating a local account, allowing one to log into their computers without needing the creation and usage of a Microsoft account.
If you don’t want to keep an account anymore, or if someone else was using it and has now left. Then you would find it best to know how to remove a Microsoft account from Windows 10 and create a local account for faster and easier access.
There are two ways to delete the Microsoft Account in Windows 10: the Windows 10 Setting menu or the Windows 10 control panel option. We will look at both methods for How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10.
How to Create a Local Account in Windows 10 using Setting
- Press the Window key + X on your keyboard
- Click on the gear icon, which is that of Settings
- Go to Accounts
- Choose Family & Other users; in some versions of windows, the option will be named “other users.”
- Click on Add someone else to this PC
- In the interface that opens, click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Enter the desired User name along with the password along with the security questions
- Click on Next
- Your local account will be created successfully.
Voila, your local account will be created after this. This is the easiest method to create a local account on a Windows 10 computer, there is another slightly more complex option, using the “netplwiz” option, but it works well in case of issues.
How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 using Settings
How to remove a Microsoft account from windows 10 using Settings? Follow the steps listed below carefully:
To remove a Microsoft Account in Settings
- Sign in to your local account, which you created recently or already available
- Press Window Key + X on the keyboard
- Click on Settings
- Go to Accounts
- Click on Family & Other users
- Select the Microsoft Account which you want to remove
- Click on the Remove button.
- Read the warning message and click on Delete Account and data.
That’s it; now that you know how to remove a Microsoft account from windows 10, you can do it without a hitch. If you face trouble removing the Microsoft account, Make sure you have created a Local Account beforehand.
Be warned that you may encounter different titles in a different Windows 10 while following the steps listed in this article, do not panic; try them out.
How to Create a Local Account in Windows 10 using Control Panel
Make sure that you are doing this after having created a local user account; if you don’t have a local account, please follow the steps given below carefully:
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type “netplwiz” in Run
- Make sure that the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer box is ticked
- Click on Add
- Click on Sign in without a Microsoft account
- Click Next
- Press Local Account
- Fill the black screen with the new username, password and password hint
- Click Next to confirm to create a new local account in Windows 10.
With this, you will have created a local account of your choice to put you at ease with using your PC.
How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 using Control Panel
Now, you may wonder how to remove a Microsoft account from Windows 10 without much hassle. Follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your newly created Local Account
- After successful login, press Windows Key+ R
- Choose your desired Microsoft account to remove
- Press Remove, and click Yes when you get a warning about the removal of your Microsoft account.”
You have successfully removed your Microsoft account. This is how you can remove a Microsoft Account from Windows 10 device.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support