Recording a call or a meeting will be very important for various purpose. When you records a meetings in Microsoft Teams your recording will be saved in the cloud, and saved securely across your organization.
By default, all your recording will be saved in the Microsoft Stream but you can also choose to share in Microsoft OneDrive.
How to Record a Teams Meeting
In Order, to record a Call or Meeting first you need to join or start a new call or meeting. After follow the below steps.
- Click the 3 dots on the screen
- Select Start recording
- Everyone will be notified that their call or meeting is recorded
- When you stop the recording, it will take for al while to save on Microsoft Stream or OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Recording person will be notified through the email from Microsoft Stream when the recording is available.
- Additionally, all the person in the call or meeting will also be notified about the recording through the chat.
- Multiple recordings is not allowed for the same meeting if one person is already started the recording.
Why you should store your Microsoft Teams recording in Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint
Now you can save your Microsoft Teams recording to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint storage. By default, when you start a recording in Microsoft Teams meeting or call it will automatically store on Microsoft Stream.
But as per user request, Microsoft has finally agreed and now lets you store all of your Microsoft Teams meeting or call recording in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
Check this blog to know Why you should store your Microsoft Teams recording in Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint