Things to know First
Are you thing Why are my AirPods so Quiet and wants to know How to make AirPods louder??
- Make sure to turn off Low Power mode first; that’s the focal point of the issue of low volume on your AirPods
- Next then, charge the AirPods for at least an hour or two.
- Other troubleshooting options may include calibrating the sounds of your AirPods and iPhone devices, turning off the equalizer (EQ) settings, and checking Volume Limit (Reduce Loud Sounds) controls.
This article will coverover nine ways in which you can troubleshoot problems regarding how to make AirPods louder.
These steps apply to AirPods, 2nd generation of AirPods (AirPods 2) along with Airpods Pro.
How to Make AirPods louder
If you are tired of low volume levels of your AirPods and want to know How to make AirPods louder, then follow these nine steps to fix and make your AirPods louder:
01 Turn the Volume up On your Device
Since there aren’t any ways to actually turn up the volume on your AirPods, you will have to do make do with increasing the volume levels on your iphone.
You can do so with simply pressing the volume buttons located on your iphone, doing this can make your AirPods louder.
02 Turn off Low Power Mode
As Low Power Mode prioritizes saving battery over other functions of the iPhone, it might as well be the culprit of the low audio levels of your AirPods. To turn off Low Power Mode, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and locate ‘Battery’
- Press the Low Power Mode green slider, this will turn off the feature.
This should hopefully give solution to How to make AirPods louder issue, on your AirPods. If not, go to the next step
03 Make sure your AirPods is fully charged
In case the AirPods are not properly charged, they can cause some issues due to the low battery levels.
Make sure to charge up your AirPods in your charging case for at least an hour or two, just keep enough charge to make sure that they work without turning off automatically.
How to make AirPods louder? Doing this can often fix your AirPods low volume issues and make them louder
04 Turn Off any sort of equalizer settings
Turn off any sort of equalizer (EQ) settings. Most EQ settings focus on automatically adjusting the levels of the audio played, hence this can lower the audio of your AirPods and make them be played at a level where you are unable to hear anything.
This can make you wonder as to how to make AirPods louder, the best way to deal with this is to turn off your EQ settings.
05 Turn Off the volume Limit
Volume limit specifically focuses on what its name says, putting a cap on the volume levels of your iPhone or any audio Bluetooth devices attached to it. This can reduce the maximum output of your AirPods and lower their volume than the level that is desired by you, to turn off this supposedly pesky feature, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Press Sounds & Haptics (might be called ‘Sounds’ on other models of iPhone)
- Press the green slider located on the ‘Reduce Loud Sounds’ option
This will disable the volume limit imposed upon your device and hopefully make your Airpods louder. If this doesn’t work, proceed.
06 Calibrate AirPods with your iPhone
Your AirPods and iPhone can often be unsynchronized and therefore be unable to differentiate between their respective levels of ‘Full volume’. To fix this, you may need to calibrate your AirPods and iPhone respectively. Follow the steps below for doing so:
- Start playing music on your AirPods
- Turn the volume of your iPhone down using the volume buttons till you are unable to hear anything on your AirPods
- Swipe down from the top right to access the Control Center
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Keep the AirPods outside the charging case and start playing music using your iPhone’s speaker this time
- Turn the volume of your iPhone down till everything is quiet
- Connect the AirPods to your device by accessing the Control Center and turning Bluetooth on, you might also need to go Bluetooth settings and tap on your AirPods device to connect them again
And you are done, your devices should be calibrated properly, if this makes your AirPods louder, then you are good. If you still face issues, still want to know How to make AirPods louder, then proceed.
07 Set same volume for both Earbuds
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Open the Accessibility menu
- Scroll down until you come across ‘Hearing’ and choose Audio/Visual
- Be sure that the slider is balanced correctly with the button in between the L and R, specifically in the middle.
08 Connect AirPods to your device
You may need to re-pair the AirPods device your device as some settings might possibly be messed up. Re-pairing your AirPods with your iPhone can fix several issues, to do so, follow the steps:
- Go to your Bluetooth settings
- Press the circled i located next to your AirPods device
- Select (Forget This Device)
Now just pair your AirPods to your device by following the usual steps needed for pairing. If this solves your problem, go no further than this. If you are still facing the issues of your AirPods not being louder, then go ahead to the final step.
09 Clean your AirPods thoroughly
Thoroughly Clean Your AirPods. The speakers of your AirPods might possibly be clogged up with earwax that builds up in your ears from listening to your AirPods for long periods of time, cleaning up your AirPods carefully and thoroughly with a cloth or similar can possibly help make your AirPods louder by removing the dirt and earwax.
This will surely can fix if you are assuming How to make AirPods louder and not louder as it should be.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a way to adjust the volumes of your AirPods hands-free? Of course, if your AirPods 2(second generation) or AirPods Pro already paired up with your iPhone, Use Siri to make an AirPod voice command. Like, “Hey Siri, make the volume louder.”
- I’m having issues with the music app using my AirPods. What can I do to solve it? This may be an issue with the music app itself. To fix it, open Settings and go to Music,make sure that the Equalizer(EQ) and Sound-Check settings are turned off.
- I’m still having issues with low audio volumes of my AirPods. What do I do?Unfortunately, you may need to contact Apple Support or find the time to make an Apple Store appointment.
The AirPods themselves may have a problem and might be defective. Please make sure to tell the support about the troubleshooting options you have tried out.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support