Considering how popular is Instagram, there is a good chance that you must have made a post or two on your Instagram account and now you want to know How to Delete an Instagram Post.
You might even be a Instagram user who regularly posts on their accounts any sort of pic or activities, Instagram might even be a way for you to convey your feelings towards your audience.
But what happens when you want to delete an Instagram post? You might just have posted something that you don’t want to keep, something you are embarrassed about.
Or you might do it for some sort of promotional stunt or to create attention. This article will deal with the ways of how to delete an Instagram post.
How to Delete an Instagram post
Deleting an Instagram post is only possible on mobile, you can’t do it from a PC unfortunately. So without further ado, follow some of the steps listed below to delete your Instagram post
To delete an Instagram Post:
- Log in to your Instagram account and tap your profile picture on the down left side
- Select the post you want to delete
- On the top right, there will be 3 vertical dots, click on them
- Choose “Delete”
Instagram will ask you for a confirmation if you really want to delete your post, if you are adamant about it, then click “Delete”.
That is all, your Instagram post will now forever be deleted out from Instagram.
How to Delete an Instagram Post all at Once
Deleting one Instagram post is simple, but what about when you have several Instagram posts that you want to delete?
Will you simply delete them one by one? That would be tedious. Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t provide you with the necessary features to delete all your posts at once.
Instead, you will have to make do with third party apps. The Auto Clicker app for Android can be especially useful for this task
To delete all posts at once using Auto Clicker on Instagram, follow the steps below:
- Install the Auto Clicker app and launch it
- Tap “Enable under “MULTI TARGETS MODE”
- Go to any of your Instagram post and tap the Green plus icon, this will create a circle
- Put that circle on the first Instagram post you are intending to start deleting from, click the green plus button again to put another point on the “Delete” button
- Tap the Delete button
- On the confirmation bar, put a third point on the “Delete” button
- Adjust the millisecond parameters to your liking
- Press the Play Button
The Auto Clicker will start doing its job of deleting all your posts. You will just have to sit back and relax.
You might have to adjust the parameters, specifically the first one to have a delayed click of at least 1200 milliseconds so the clicking is not too fast.
Since the Auto Clicker app is not specifically made for Instagram, there won’t be any fear of Instagram detecting your usage of a third party app and potentially closing your account.
How to Delete an Instagram Story
You might want to delete an Instagram Story content that you somehow are now dreading even keeping for 10 minutes more.
To delete an Instagram Story, follow the steps
You might want to delete an Instagram Story or an IGTV content that you somehow are now dreading even keeping for 10 minutes more.
- Log in to your Instagram account and Click on your story at top of the Feed
- Press the 3 vertical dots at the down right corner
- Click on “Delete” and Confirm your deletion of the story
That’s all, your Instagram store should be successfully deleted now.
How to Delete an Instagram IGTV
You might want to delete an Instagram IGTV video content that you no longer needed to be on your profile then following the below steps from your Instagram App itself:
To delete an IGTV content, do the following:
- Log in to your Instagram account and click on the Profile on the down left side
- Click on the IGTV icon
- Tab on the video which you want to delete
- Select “Delete” button at the top of the option
- Confirm that you want to delete the video
That’s all, your IGTV video will be successfully deleted.
Now that you know How to delete an Instagram post along with the methods of deleting it, you can successfully work upon cleaning your account.
How to Archive an Instagram Post
Sometimes, you might want to hide your post from being seen on Instagram, but have no intention of deleting it and want to preserve it instead. To archive an Instagram post, do the following:
- Log in to your Instagram Account and click on your profile picture on the down left side
- Go to your Instagram posts and select the post which you want to Archive
- Click on the 3 vertical dots on the upper right corner
- Press “Archive” in the list of option
This will archive your post successfully. This is how you can Archive a Post on Instagram.
Related: How to Delete an Instagram Account
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support