In this article we will see how to connect AirPods to PS4. You can use all types of Bluetooth headset with your PS4 but you cannot connect or pair your Bluetooth device directly to your PS4.
Check this article for more information on How to Connect AirPods to PS4.
Does PS4 support AirPods
Yes, but Sony PS4 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio on the box. Which means you cannot connect your AirPods or any other types of Bluetooth headphones directly to the PS4.
To successfully connect your AirPods to PS4 you need a PS4 Bluetooth adapter that support Bluetooth audio that you can plug into the console.
By following the below steps you can connect AirPods to PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter
- Make sure you’ve charged your AirPods.
- If your Bluetooth Adapter uses a battery make sure it has proper charging.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to your PS4 usb port.
- Put the AirPods into pairing mode. Open the case and press and hold the syncing button on your AirPods.
- You need to keep holding the button until the lights on the Bluetooth adapter stop blinking. If the light stop blinking on your Bluetooth adapter then you have successfully paired your AirPods to the adapter.
- Go to your PS4 Audio setting to make sure your PS4 audio being sent to AirPods by going to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- Make sure your Output device is set to “Headphones connected to controller”.
- Make sure your Output to Headphones is set to “All Audio”.
Now you have successfully connected your AirPods to your PS4 and learn how to connect your AirPods to PS4. Now you are ready to enjoy the game with your new AirPods!
Why my AirPods Mic is not working
The truth is your Bluetooth adapter only send the audio from your PS4 to your AirPods and not the Mic audio from your AirPods to your PS4, even though your AirPods has a microphone. This is the limitation if you uses a Bluetooth Adapter with your Sony PS4 device.
So, this makes you are not able to chat with other player on the game. You need to buy the headphones which is made for PS4 in order to chat with other player on your PS4 device.
If you want to hear only the audio from the PS4 then the Bluetooth adapter is enough.