In this article, we will see how to connect AirPods to PS4. You can use all types of Bluetooth headsets with your PS4 but cannot connect or pair your Bluetooth device directly to your PS4.
Check this article for more information on How to Connect AirPods to PS4.
Does PS4 support AirPods
Yes, but Sony PS4 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio on the box. This means you cannot connect your AirPods or any other types of Bluetooth headphones directly to the PS4.
To successfully connect your AirPods to PS4, you need a PS4 Bluetooth adapter that supports Bluetooth audio that you can plug into the console.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4
By following the below steps, you can connect AirPods to PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter
- Make sure you’ve charged your AirPods.
- If your Bluetooth Adapter uses a battery, ensure it has proper charging.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to your PS4 USB port.
- Put the AirPods into pairing mode. Open the case and press and hold the syncing button on your AirPods.
- It would be best if you kept holding the button until the lights on the Bluetooth adapter stopped blinking. If the light stops blinking on your Bluetooth adapter, you have successfully paired your AirPods to the adapter.
- Go to your PS4 Audio setting to ensure your PS4 audio is being sent to AirPods by going to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- Ensure your Output device is set to “Headphones connected to controller”.
- Make sure your Output to Headphones is set to “All Audio”.
Now that you have successfully connected your AirPods to your PS4, you have learned how to connect your AirPods to PS4. Now you are ready to enjoy the game with your new AirPods!
Why my AirPods Mic is not working
The truth is your Bluetooth adapter only sends the audio from your PS4 to your AirPods and not the Mic audio from your AirPods to your PS4, even though your AirPods have a microphone. This is the limitation if you use a Bluetooth Adapter with your Sony PS4 device.
So this makes you unable to chat with other players in the game. It would be best if you bought headphones made for PS4 to chat with another player on your PS4 device.
If you want to hear only the audio from the PS4, then the Bluetooth adapter is enough.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support