Is your Mac operating slowly or sluggishly because it has insufficient memory? Fortunately, you can clear RAM on your computer to free up resources for other apps, resulting in improved performance.
In this article, you will learn how to clear RAM on Mac with simple and step-by-step instructions.
How to Check RAM Usage on Mac OS
Apps that load slowly or hang in the middle are indicators of high memory utilization. To rule out this scenario, perform the following RAM check on your Mac.
- On the Mac keyboard, simultaneously press “Command” and “Space.”
- In the Search text area, type “Activity Monitor” and press “Enter.”
- In this tab, select “Memory.”
- A list of all the programs and the space they take up will show.
- “Memory Pressure” will appear at the bottom of the screen. It visually depicts your Mac’s consumed RAM, cache files, and swap space. If the graph becomes red, you must solve RAM problems on your Mac machine.
Method #1: Restarting the MAC
To clear the RAM, restart your Mac device as follows:
- Click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your Mac.
- Select “Restart.”
- When the computer reboots, all open applications are terminated, and temporary files and cache are removed, freeing up RAM for improved performance.
Method #2: Delete Login Items
Getting rid of login items (apps) that launch every time you boot or log in to your Mac is one of the most significant ways to clear RAM on a Mac
Here is the whole method for removing login items from your Mac:
- Launch the Apple menu by tapping the upper-left corner of your iOS device’s screen.
- Select “System Preferences“
- Select “Users and Groups.”
- Select “Login Items.”
- Choose which apps you wish to hide when your MAC boots up.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the minus icon.
Method #3: Freeing Up Disk Space
Cleaning up the disc space on your Mac computer by removing unnecessary programs, downloads, and temporary garbage files is a straightforward way to clear RAM on Mac.
To free up space on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Select “About This Mac.”
- Select “Storage.”
The Storage page displays all available and used space, organized into several categories, such as photographs, documents, and programs.
- Select “Manage.”
- To clear up space on your Mac, go to the storage management tab
- Select “Optimize Storage” and then
- Select “Reduce Clutter.”
Check this article to learn How to connect AirPods to Mac.
Method #4: Upgrade Your MacOS
Using an out-of-date macOS on your Mac might bring problems into the system, resulting in excessive RAM utilization. It is essential to update your Mac software to clear RAM on Mac, which may contain a patch to address high memory use.
To upgrade your macOS, follow these steps:
- Select the Apple menu from the upper-left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Click on “System Preferences”
- Click on “Software update.“
If any updates appear in this tab, click on them to install them and check if this clears or frees up RAM on your machine.
Method #5: Make Use of CleanMyMAC X
Third-party tools may clear your Mac’s cache, garbage files, and unwanted programs. To clear RAM on Mac using CleanMyMac X, follow these steps:
- Download and install CleanMyMac X on your MAC machine.
- Choose “Maintenance.”
- Select “Remove RAM“
- Select “Run“
Your RAM automatically removes unwanted apps, cache, and garbage files.
Check this article to learn How to make your AirPods louder in 10 different ways.
Several techniques for freeing up RAM on your Mac computer have been explored in this book, including restarting your system, deleting login items, cleaning disc space, and upgrading MacOS. We also investigated the use of a third-party program to free RAM.
Hopefully, this article has solved your query on how to clear RAM on your Mac, and you may now improve the performance of your Mac.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support