Millions of causes and effects force you to change your Facebook name; it could be that the name you originally entered was different. Or you might want to change your surname.
Whatever the reason, you would get stuck in planning to change your name on Facebook since you might not know exactly how to name it on the social media site.
This article will solely focus on dealing with the topic of how to change your name on Facebook.
How to change your Name on Facebook on desktop
Changing your name on a Desktop PC can be both simple and complicated if you are confused by the settings of the Facebook Site. To change your name on Facebook using a desktop, do the following:
1. Visit Facebook.com and sign in if you haven’t done it yet.
2. Click the tiny arrow on the top right, select Settings & Privacy > Select Settings.
3. Click on the General section,
4. Click on Edit right next to your name.
5. Type the new desired name for your Facebook profile
6. Click on ‘Review Change.’
7. Select how you want your name to appear on the screen.
8. Enter your Facebook password and
9. Finally, click on Save Changes.
This should clear up your doubts about how to change your name on Facebook on Desktop.
Note: While you can change your name, the name is only changed as your display name. The username will remain the one you entered before, as all Facebook usernames are unique for most users.
You can still change your username if you genuinely desire it. Click on the edit button located next to ‘Username’.
How to change your Name on Facebook on iPhone
Changing your name on the iPhone can be relatively simple; just follow the steps mentioned below, and you will be able to do it quickly:
1. Open your Facebook iPhone app and tap the three dashes (lines) at the bottom corner.
2. Tap on Settings & Privacy > Settings >
3. Click on Personal Information.
4. In the Personal Information page, tap on Name.
5. enter your name of choice, whatsoever it is
6. Tap on ‘Review Change.’
Check it carefully, as you won’t be able to change your name for 60 days after doing this; also, choose how your name will be displayed on the screen.
7. After you are done with that, enter your Facebook password on the prompt and
8. Tap on Save Changes.
How to change your Name on Facebook on Android
The Facebook app on an Android device functions similarly to the iPhone version. Hence the steps to changing your name on Facebook using Android can be simple. To change your name, do the following:
1. Go to your Facebook app on Android and Tap on the three dash lines located at the top right
2. Scroll down until you see Settings & Privacy; tap it. Once you are there, tap on Settings
3. Tap on Personal and Account Information
4. You will be brought to a page with your contact info; once there, tap on Name
5. Enter the desired name of your choice
6. Tap on Review Change
7. Enter your password and tap on Save Changes
Remember that this will also follow the same rule of putting a restriction for 60 days after changing a name, so make sure you enter the name of your choice instead of doing it for the experiment.
That’s it; you have learned How to change your name on Facebook on your Android device successfully.
Understanding Facebook name change policy
Facebook always requires users to use their birth name to ensure that it remains a secure place for their friends and family and that they are easily recognizable to their colleagues.
Specifically, various illegal activities can be checked with a Facebook user’s real name, such as scams, hacks or phishing, death threats, cyberbullying, etc.
When using your real name, recovering access to your account becomes significantly easier if you have forgotten your password or due to some other issue.
With this said and done, it is believable to understand that simply knowing how to change your name on Facebook won’t work if you do not follow some regulations, some of which are listed below for you to review and follow.
Your Facebook name should never include the following:
- Symbols, numbers and unusual types of capitalization or punctuation.
- Characters that are made up of several languages.
- Any title, religious or otherwise.
- Phrases or any line instead of a name.
- Abusive or sexually explicit words of any kind.
Do note that you shouldn’t try to impersonate another person or even a colleague under a name or a new one; a ban will deal with this.
Alternative to How to change your Name on Facebook
If you are a celebrity and are directly trying to get more people to follow you and know about your name or the pseudonym/nickname you are using, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Facebook app and press the three dash lines in the bottom corner.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy > Settings > Personal Information.
- Tap on ‘Name’.
- After that, press Add a nickname, a birth name…
- Please select your choice’s name type; it can be Nickname, Alternate spelling or a name with a particular title.
- Type the name you have chosen.
- Select if you want to show your nickname or the title at the top of the Facebook profile.
- Once you are done, tap on Save.
Any other name you have chosen will always be public and visible to anyone who looks at your profile.
With these, you should know how to change your name on Facebook using a computer, iPhone or Android device.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support