You can shutdown your Azure Virtual Machine automatically in the following ways.
Shut downing Azure Virtual Machine is very important to save some $ on unused time.
In the beginning, to shutdown a Virtual Machine in Azure we had to use Azure Automation.
But Now Microsoft has given this feature in the Azure portal which is available in all the Virtual Machine services.
How to shutdown Azure Virtual Machine Automatically
To Shutdown Azure VM automatically follow the below instruction one by one:
- Login to azure portal and search for Virtual Machine
- Select the Virtual Machine which you want to shutdown automatically at the specified hours
- Select Auto-Shutdown in the list of features
- Click On to enable Auto-Shutdown for this VM.
- On the Scheduled Shutdown column, specify the time when you want your VM to shutdown automatically
- Make sure you are using the correct Time Zone, if required set Time Zone of yours.
- Click on Save
This is one of the easiest way in Azure Portal to shutdown the Virtual Machine automatically at a scheduled time every day.