You can shut down your Azure Virtual Machine automatically in the following ways.
Shutting down Azure Virtual Machine is very important to save some $ on new time.
Initially, we had to use Azure Automation to shut down a Virtual Machine in Azure.
But Now Microsoft has given this feature in the Azure portal, which is available in all the Virtual Machine services.
How to shutdown Azure Virtual Machine Automatically
To Shutdown Azure VM, automatically follow the below instruction one by one:
- Log in to the Azure portal and search for Virtual Machine
- Select the Virtual Machine which you want to shutdown automatically at the specified hours
- Select Auto-Shutdown in the list of features
- Click On to enable Auto-Shutdown for this VM.
- On the Scheduled Shutdown column, specify the time when you want your VM to shutdown automatically
- Ensure you are using the correct Time Zone; if required, set your Time Zone.
- Click on Save
This is one of the easiest ways in Azure Portal to shut down the Virtual Machine automatically at a scheduled time every day.
Was this Article Helpful?
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support